Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than many other drivers in Mississippi.
Big-name insurance companies like Geico, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these techniques. Finding the best rates in Greenville is quite easy. But Mississippi drivers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Greenville, click here.
But I want to work with a local agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Greenville who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Insurance agent types
When researching a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Greenville are classified as either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Greenville captive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Shelter Insurance – 365 W Reed Rd # D – Greenville, MS 38701 – (662) 332-1111
Allstate Insurance – 1441 Highway 82 E – Greenville, MS 38703 – (662) 332-2100
State Farm Insurance – 1589 S Main St – Greenville, MS 38701 – (662) 378-2202
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Greenville willing to provide rate quotes.
Mc Crory Insurance Sales – 1225 Highway 1 S – Greenville, MS 38701 – (662) 378-8356
Direct General Ins Agency – 1632 Highway 1 S – Greenville, MS 38701 – (662) 378-3006
George Bell Insurance – 129 Highway 1 S – Greenville, MS 38701 – (662) 334-3310
John Parrish Agency – 1417 Trailwood Dr # E – Greenville, MS 38701 – (662) 332-7535
For a full directory of Greenville insurance agents, visit this link.
Upon getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Learn more about auto insurance in Mississippi
Even more information is located at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
Best coverage at the best price
Affordable auto insurance can be bought both online and with local Greenville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Geico and State Farm.