Cutting costs on Jackson auto insurance can seem to be nearly impossible for drivers new to online price comparisons. With so many options of companies, it can easily be hard work to find a cheaper company.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage quite often because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Although Missouri drivers must understand how insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Reduce Your Rates with these tips
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in fender benders at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Prices are affected by your address – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents.
- Your occupation and auto insurance rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like doctors, social workers and financial analysts generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and long work days. On the other hand, careers like professors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher premiums – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Missouri motor vehicle department.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your costs – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Save money by staying claim free – Insurance companies in Missouri award the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
When looking for , there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from local Jackson auto insurance companies. The quickest method to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- If you are pressed for time, the simplest way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. One form submission will return quotes from all major companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- Another way to find more affordable insurance consists of going to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, let’s assume you want rates from Farmers, Progressive and Geico. To get each rate you have to go to every website and punch in your information repeatedly, which can get rather old.
To view a list of companies in Jackson, click here.
- If you have time to kill, the last method to comparison shop rate quotes is physically going to and from local Jackson insurance agencies. Quoting and buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just do your best to use apples-to-apples coverage limits with every price quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be nearly impossible to make a fair rate comparison in Jackson. Just a small difference in limits can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate better pricing.
Can you really save $468 a year?
Well-known auto insurance companies like Allstate, Geico and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to try to convey promises about savings if you just switch your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could be married and over the age of 30, has had continuous coverage, and has great credit. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will probably get the lowest rates and have a good chance to cut their rates if they switch.
People who are not a match for these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote. Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to compare quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Cheaper Missouri auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Data Collection Discounts – Jackson drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
If you would like to view providers with discount auto insurance rates in Jackson, click here.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-93.jpg" alt="Missouri auto insurance“/>
You may need help from an agent
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Jackson who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
The difference between Jackson auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent agents or captive agents.
Captive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Captive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Captive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of captive agents in Jackson who can help you get price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 406 W Washington St – Jackson, MO 63755 – (573) 243-8428
- American Family Insurance – 2106 E Jackson Blvd – Jackson, MO 63755 – (573) 243-8000
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Jackson independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- June E Borgfield Insurance Svc – 1250 Old Cape Rd # A – Jackson, MO 63755 – (573) 243-5504
- Kevin W Saywer Insurance – 117 E Main St – Jackson, MO 63755 – (573) 243-3288
For more licensed insurance agents in Jackson, view this list of Jackson Missouri insurance agents.
Once you have good feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Missouri?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Jackson?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, read industry bulletins, and view a list of available companies.
The following information may also be useful.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
More affordable auto insurance can be found online and with local Jackson insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
When you , don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.