Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your vehicles every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners in Missouri.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Joplin, click this link.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Joplin, Missouri
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from local in Joplin, Missouriauto insurance companies. The easiest way to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One quote request will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Joplin, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a local Joplin agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you enter different deductibles it will be impossible to determine the best price in Joplin. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
And the best car insurance company is…
Cost effective auto insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Joplin, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.