Finding lower rates for Keokuk car insurance can be nearly impossible for people who are new to comparing rates online. Drivers have so many choices that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the best price in Keokuk.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Keokuk, click here to view.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Keokuk, Iowa
Most major insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes is quite simple as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once entered, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
An easier way to compare car insurance pricing makes use of a single form to return rates from many companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can select any or none of the quotes returned.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
In order to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can get you a discount when buying car insurance. It means you’re more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, architects and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I buy only the required Iowa minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
What if I want to buy from a local Keokuk agent?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Keokuk.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Keokuk who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. How’s that for easy!
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Keokuk are categorized either captive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Keokuk that are able to give price quote information.
- Koehler Froman Insurance Svc – 12 S 4th St – Keokuk, IA 52632 – (319) 524-2440
- Clarence Savage Insurance – 116 N 3rd St – Keokuk, IA 52632 – (319) 524-6728
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive insurance agencies in Keokuk willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 2424 Main St – Keokuk, IA 52632 – (319) 524-1981
- American Family Insurance – 906 Main St – Keokuk, IA 52632 – (319) 524-4381
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 3327 Main St – Keokuk, IA 52632 – (319) 524-3114
To view a complete directory of captive agents in Keokuk, simply jump to this page.
Deciding on a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Upon getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers in Iowa get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing of big savings if you move to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be quoted more money which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can make those claims.
This emphasizes why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest rates.
More quotes mean more savings
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Much more information about car insurance in Iowa is available on the Iowa Insurance Division website. Click here for link. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, and discover disciplinary actions.