Paying more affordable prices for La Grange auto insurance can seem to be frustrating for drivers who are new to buying insurance online. With such a large choice of online companies, it can easily become hard work to find the best price in Kentucky.
Discounts to earn lower La Grange auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Paperless Signup – Many auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, air bags, good student, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, good student, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-policy, student away at school, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, and driver training.
- Geico may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
If you want , ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state.
More Kentucky auto insurance information
Even more information is available at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out which companies have the most complaints, and download brochures.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, poor customer service or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.