Finding lower rates for Provo auto insurance is difficult for beginners to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many choices that it can turn into a ton of work to locate the lowest price in Provo.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Shopping for more affordable coverage in Provo is simple if you know the tricks. Utah drivers just need to know the tricks to shop their coverage around online.
Quick Provo Auto Insurance Quotes
Most companies give coverage price quotes on the web. This process is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system requests credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
Compare rates the easy way<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-7.jpg" alt="Provo car insurance prices”/>
An easier way to find cheaper rates is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much easier to do. After your information is entered, it gets priced and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Provo, click here.
Learn more about auto insurance in Utah
Additional information is available on the Utah Insurance Department website located here. Utah drivers can file complaints about a company, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and download brochures.