Sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to pick a lower cost insurer.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates yearly because rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest premium rates a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Georgia vehicle owners just need to understand how to compare price quotes online.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as if you have a valid license, distance driven, how you use your vehicles, and what you do for a living. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Get lower-cost Vidalia auto insurance with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, youthful driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Geico may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, air bags, membership and employees, seat belt use, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, mature driver, and paperless.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- USAA has savings for loyalty savings, driver training, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and annual mileage.
If you want , ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To view companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Vidalia, click here.
Lower the price of auto insurance with these tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don’t buy add-on coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Type of car determines base rates – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Premiums drop with age – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents .Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Vidalia.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Captive and independent Vidalia car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Vidalia are classified as either independent or captive. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restriced to one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Vidalia that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Glenn Mixon Insurance – 131 E Meadows St – Vidalia, GA 30474 – (912) 537-8508
Tollison Agency Inc – 401 W 1st St – Vidalia, GA 30474 – (912) 537-0667
Sowell Insurance Inc – 1100 E 1st St – Vidalia, GA 30474 – (912) 537-0384
Mcb Agency LLC – 1003 E 2nd St – Vidalia, GA 30474 – (912) 537-7555
Agents that elect to be captive can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agents in Vidalia that can give you rate quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 205 Rigsbee Dr – Vidalia, GA 30474 – (912) 537-3628
For agencies in your area, link to this list of insurance agents in Vidalia, GA.
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Additional auto insurance information is located on the through this link. Georgia consumers can report car insurance fraud, download brochures, learn about insurance regulations, and learn about specific coverages.
Persistent drivers can save
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.