Expensive car insurance can drain your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to help make ends meet.
You have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Andover
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can take hours if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can waste hours talking to insurance agencies in Andover, or you can utilize the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers complete one form, and every company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each individual car insurance company. To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you cannot specify the companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Kansas. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverages and limits on every quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal in Andover. Having just a slight variation in coverages may cause a big price difference. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
Car insurance myths debunked
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing of big savings if you move to them. How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Andover Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Don’t miss these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Kansas, follow this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What are Kansas no-fault laws?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is the minimum liability in Kansas?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
But I prefer to buy car insurance from an agent
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
Picking a company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kansas?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Captive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Andover agents are either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of captive agents in Andover who can help you get price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 825 W Central Ave – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-1000
Shelter Insurance – 608 N Andover Rd – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-8457
Farm Bureau Insurance – 324 W Central Ave # C – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-5039
Farmers Insurance Group – 223 Kelly Ln – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-7202
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Andover independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Wes Sawyer Agency Inc – 742 N Andover Rd # 4 – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-4882
Travis Swift Insurance – 105 S Andover Rd – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-2400
Farm Bureau Insurance – 324 W Central Ave # C – Andover, KS 67002 – (316) 733-5039
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Andover, simply jump to this page.
Upon getting positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
You just learned many ways to reduce car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Discount car insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Andover, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Informative consumer insurance sites
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can find out industry alerts, discover disciplinary actions, find a variety of consumer forms, and read consumer alerts.