Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Insurance companies such as Geico, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around yearly since rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates last year a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some tested techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage in Bellows Falls is not that difficult. Although Vermont consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts are basically free money
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Bellows Falls, click here.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Bellows Falls.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Bellows Falls who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! You can find better rates AND a local agent.
The following is a list of insurance companies in Bellows Falls that are able to give rate quotes.
Doug Chalmers Agency – 103 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls, VT 05101 – (802) 463-4364
Powers Insurance – 39 Village Sq, Bellows Falls, VT 05101 – (802) 463-3800
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
After getting satisfactory answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurer that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation found here. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, read consumer alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and discover disciplinary actions.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
Low-cost auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local Bellows Falls insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.