Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can dwindle your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is a great way to cut your insurance bill. Having so many choices of insurance companies, it can be hard to locate the lowest cost car insurance company.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates six months ago you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to save on auto insurance.
Finding the best rates in Bethel is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to save some money using these techniques. Connecticut drivers just need to know the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Comprehensive Bethel Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Getting better auto insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A different way to compare rate quotes requires a trip to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want rates from State Farm, 21st Century and American Family. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Bethel, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of getting rate comparisons is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can find lower rates online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare identical coverage information with every price quote. If you enter different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Bethel.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Connecticut, follow this link.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection if you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, business owners and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, students and performers pay the least.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Quote online but work with a neighborhood agent
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will battle for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you want to view licensed agents in Bethel, please view this page.
After getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an provider that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Connecticut?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Connecticut Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, find disaster information, and report car insurance fraud.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- How to Compare Car Insurance Rates From Bethel Insurance Agents
- Expert Advice on Saving Money on Bethel, OH Car Insurance
- Bethel, AK Car Insurance Savings the Big Companies Dont Want You to Know About
Auto insurance myths debunked
Consumers in Connecticut constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to have a common claim about savings if you change your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Low-cost auto insurance can be bought both online and with local Bethel insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.