Trying to come up with a payment for pricey auto insurance can dwindle your funds and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing rates annually can save money and help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You may qualify for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Good Student – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a .
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Bisbee. To view companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons is to know almost all companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them some information like driver ages, what you do for a living, your credit rating estimate, and if a SR-22 is required. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Bisbee?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Best coverage at the best price
We just covered many ways to compare auto insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought online and with local Bisbee insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.