Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can drain your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the lowest cost car insurance company.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Bryant, click this link.
Why you might pay higher rates in Bryant
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
What about my local Bryant agents?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Bryant who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. How’s that for easy!
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How are claims handled?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How are they compensated?
The following are agents in Bryant that are able to give price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 3300 Commonwealth Dr, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 847-4199
Shelter Insurance – 201 Roya Ln # 1, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 847-8082
Farm Bureau Insurance – 119 Broadway, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 653-2283
Farmers Insurance Group – 6838 Highway 5 N, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 847-1131
Carter Insurance – 5407 Highway 5 N, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 847-1414
Davis-Garvin Agency – Oldner Corporate Plaza, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 847-1337
Allstate Insurance – 5200 Highway 5 N # 2, Bryant, AR 72022 – (501) 847-6446
After receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an provider that meets your needs to service your policy.
To learn even more about car insurance
Additional detailed information is located at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas consumers can learn about specific coverages, find a variety of consumer forms, and download brochures.
Additional helpful sites include this resource for Arkansas car insurance prices and this link which helps you find a Bryant agent.
Affordable insurance is out there
Discount car insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Bryant, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.