Shopping for affordable Pooler auto insurance on the web can seem to be intimidating for consumers not familiar with online price comaprisons. With such a large number of choices, how can consumers effectively compare the different rates to find the best price?
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. This information will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work. Georgia drivers just need to understand how to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Comprehensive Pooler Auto Insurance Comparison
Most companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm quote prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the system will order your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
A less time-consuming method to find better auto insurance pricing uses one form that gets price quotes from many companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it is rated and you are able to buy any of the quote results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will get a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Save $446 a year? Really?
Consumers in Georgia constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all make an identical promise that you can save after switching to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer might be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
That is why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
What impacts Pooler insurance rates?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- A clean driving record saves money – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers in Georgia are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Georgia department of motor vehicles.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
What happened to insurance agents?
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Pooler.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will compete for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. How cool is that?!
The different types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Pooler agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Pooler can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Pooler that are able to give price quote information.
- Jon Kaplan Agency – 138 Canal St # 203 – Pooler, GA 31322 – (912) 748-8730
- Tuten Insurance – 106 S Chestnut St # A – Pooler, GA 31322 – (912) 748-0564
- Wally Walker Insurance – 101 SW Us Highway 80 – Pooler, GA 31322 – (912) 748-5200
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Pooler who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 215 W Collins St – Pooler, GA 31322 – (912) 748-6639
For a complete listing of captive agencies in Pooler, please view this page.
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long has their agency been in business in Pooler?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Once you have satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
In the end, you save
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be found on the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website found here. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, discover disciplinary actions, download brochures, and report car insurance fraud.