Finding the most affordable Lisbon car insurance on the web is problematic for people who are new to buying insurance on the web. With a ridiculous number of online companies available, how can Lisbon drivers possibly compare every one to find the lowest rates?
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Lisbon
Cutting your Lisbon car insurance rates is not rocket science. The only requirement is to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company. One quote request will return quotes instantly. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates requires visiting each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Safeco and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Lisbon, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to make an equal comparison in Lisbon.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Lisbon, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Why you might pay higher rates in Lisbon
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most car insurance companies will give a discount to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Maine motor vehicle department.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Quote often and quote early
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, view agent and company licensing information, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Lisbon