Being forced to pay for expensive auto insurance premiums can dwindle your savings and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing cost estimates is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Since you have so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to pick the best insurer.
Buying car insurance in Orange is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Although Virginia consumers benefit from understanding how companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Use discounts to get cheaper Orange auto insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- 21st Century has discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, early bird, teen driver, theft prevention, student driver, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-policy, multi-car, save driver, and continuous insurance.
- Geico has savings for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
If you want , ask every company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area.
The majority of larger companies give insurance quotes direct online. Doing online price comparisons doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When complete, the company’s rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these and other factors. Online price estimates streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit many different websites and type in your information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices uses just one form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much easier. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quotes that you receive. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Eight ways to get auto insurance for less in Orange
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Male prices may be higher – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Safer cars lower premiums – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your car, truck, or SUV is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- You might have higher costs if you are single – Being married may cut your premiums on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Residing in a small town can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. People in densly populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive your car in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven.
- You may save more by combining policies – Some auto insurance companies allow a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Reserve claims for larger damages – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Virginia give the lowest premiums to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Lower rates by being persistent
We’ve covered a lot of ways to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable auto insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Orange agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
More detailed Virginia auto insurance information is available at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, learn about specific coverages, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
The following information may also be useful.