Expensive auto insurance can drain your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the lowest price
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Westerville is not rocket science. Ohio drivers just need to know the proper way to compare prices online.
Westerville Auto Insurance Comparisons
Cutting your Westerville auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions for every auto insurance company. Filling out one form will return price quotes from many national carriers.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes requires you to visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want to compare Nationwide, State Farm and Farmers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Westerville, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare the exact same information for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Westerville.
Save big with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Westerville can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Westerville, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
More sites with auto insurance information
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance found here. Ohio drivers can view a list of available companies, view agent and company licensing information, get help finding coverage, and find out industry alerts.
The following information may also be useful.