Finding cheap Petersburg auto insurance over the internet may be difficult for beginners to price shopping online. With such a large number of insurers to choose from, how can anyone possibly compare the different rates to find the best available price?
Where Can I Get Cheap Petersburg Auto Insurance?
Getting a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. One form will get you rate comparisons from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices consists of going to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from USAA, GEICO and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Petersburg, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverages and limits for every company. If you compare different liability limits it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate in Petersburg.
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with a few auto insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-71.jpg" alt="Alaska auto insurance“/>
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Petersburg, click here.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse actually saves money on auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
And the best car insurance company is…
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your auto insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
More information can be found on the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Click here for link. Alaska consumers can learn about insurance regulations, learn about specific coverages, and find disaster information.