Buying cheap Tucson car insurance online can be difficult for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. With so many online companies, how can consumers possibly compare every company to locate the best pricing?
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding the best rates in Tucson is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Although Arizona vehicle owners do need to learn the way companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Take discounts and save
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when buying car insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and Geico constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you switch to them. How can each company make the same claim?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will be charged more money and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. That is why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Even more information is available at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, download brochures, get help finding coverage, and read industry bulletins.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap car insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Tucson insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.