I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for car insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
You should take the time to compare prices quite often because rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to buy cheaper car insurance.
Shopping for cheaper coverage in Newton is not that difficult. In a nutshell, everyone who carries car insurance should be able to cut their insurance bill. But Iowa vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Please use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Comprehensive Newton Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance agencies in Newton, or you could save time and use online quoting for quick rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers submit one quote, and each company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in Iowa. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages on every quote you get. If you have different deductibles it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Newton. Quoting even small variations in coverages can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Newton, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Is Iowa a no-fault state?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
More information is located on the website for the Iowa Insurance Division found here. Consumers can view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and learn about insurance regulations.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Newton
- 6 Ways to Pay Less on Auto Insurance in Newton Falls
- Price Comparisons for Newton Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper car insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Newton, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.