Nobody I know enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high. Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates in Tallulah is not rocket science. Louisiana vehicle owners only need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price online.
Find hidden discounts to get affordable Louisiana auto insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available in Tallulah.
Eight ways to find auto insurance at a discount in Tallulah
It’s important that you understand some of the things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Combine policies and save – Most larger auto insurance companies apply discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other insurance prices to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Traffic violations mean higher prices – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Just one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Credit history impacts premium prices – Credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit.
- Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your car or truck earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Does auto insurance cost more for guys? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Save mileage and save money – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Independent or captive car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Tallulah that can give you for your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Tallulah for you
When finding a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it could factor into your agent selection.
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Captive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Tallulah that are able to give rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 108 N Cedar St – Tallulah, LA 71282 – (318) 574-1142
Farm Bureau Insurance – 106 Kimbrough Blvd – Tallulah, LA 71282 – (318) 574-0856
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
The following are Tallulah independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Tommy E Leoty Jr Insurance Inc – 604 Snyder St – Tallulah, LA 71282 – (318) 574-4240
Southern Fidelity Agency Inc – 13 Crothers Dr – Tallulah, LA 71282 – (318) 574-1001
Scriber Insurance – 401 N Cedar St – Tallulah, LA 71282 – (318) 574-0552
For more auto insurance agents in Tallulah, view this complete selection of Tallulah Louisiana auto insurance providers.
Additional detailed information is available at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Louisiana drivers can find out industry alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and file complaints about a company.
You can lower your rates
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Tallulah insurance agents, so you need to with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.