If you are new to getting , there’s a good chance you are baffled thanks to all the different types of online car insurance companies and websites competing for your business.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally since prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best price a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Locating affordable car insurance in Grantsville is quite easy. But Utah consumers must know the way companies price insurance differently.
Learn how to get car insurance at a discount
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the things that factor into your prices.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Being located in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about car insurance. People in densly populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Premiums drop with age – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Your vocation may affect prices – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generalsair traffic controllers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other insurance prices to ensure the best deal.
- Extra policy coverages push up rates – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are some examples. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Car insurance policy discounts
Companies do not list every available discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you .
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you could save up to 20% and get you .
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, driver’s education, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Geico policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, air bags, military active duty, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, switch companies, business and professional, mature driver, and multi-car.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, new vehicle, loyalty savings, defensive driver, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Grantsville. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap car insurance quotes in Grantsville, click this link.
Local Grantsville insurance agents
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Grantsville.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Grantsville who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you need help to view insurance agents in your area, visit this full listing of insurance agencies in Grantsville, UT.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you get satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Do drivers who switch really save $420 a year?
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and Geico seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim that you can save just by switching your coverage. Is it even possible that every company can claim to save you money? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable risk profile might be over the age of 45, has other policies, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer that meets those criteria receives the best prices and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who may not quite match the ideal profile will be charged higher premium rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that.
This really illustrates why drivers must quotes as often as possible. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Utah minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
More Utah car insurance resources
Additional information can be found on the Utah Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Utah drivers can view agent and company licensing information, find out industry alerts, and discover disciplinary actions.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper car insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Grantsville, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare car insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.