I can’t think of anyone who cherishes buying car insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find a good deal.
How to Compare Car Insurance in Montgomery, Alabama
Most major insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get price estimates online. Getting online rates is quite easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on many factors. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find the lowest price.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
An easier way to find better car insurance pricing uses one form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping a lot less work. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the quotes that you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Why you might pay higher rates in Montgomery
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Your credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Don’t I need to talk to an agent?
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-79.jpg" alt="Montgomery car insurance prices”/>
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Montgomery who will compete for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Montgomery?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Montgomery agents are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
These agents can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Montgomery captive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Farmers Insurance Group – 3089 Carter Hill Rd – Montgomery, AL 36111 – (334) 262-2277
Farm Bureau Insurance – 2571 Bell Rd – Montgomery, AL 36117 – (334) 270-8585
Allstate Insurance – 8202 Old Federal Rd # D – Montgomery, AL 36117 – (334) 271-6046
State Farm Insurance – 61 Market Pl # A – Montgomery, AL 36117 – (334) 272-8423
Liberty Mutual – 2367 Central Pkwy – Montgomery, AL 36106 – (334) 213-0651
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Montgomery that can give you price quote information.
WRIGHT Agency – 5950 Carmichael Rd # 108 – Montgomery, AL 36117 – (334) 277-7625
Jordan-Morgan Agency – 2506 Brewton St – Montgomery, AL 36107 – (334) 265-8588
Simms and Wilson Insurance – 4131 Carmichael Rd # 18 – Montgomery, AL 36106 – (334) 279-4900
Professional Insurance Agents – 421 Twain Curv # 2 – Montgomery, AL 36117 – (334) 244-7422
Ben Pugh Agency – 2100 Spruce St – Montgomery, AL 36106 – (334) 263-3220
To view a complete directory of Montgomery insurance agents, view this link.
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
Additional detailed information is available at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about a company.
Car insurance myths debunked
Allstate and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you move your coverage to them. How can each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cost effective car insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Montgomery insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.