Nobody I know loves paying for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof. There are many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare company pricing.
Shopping for affordable car insurance coverage in Pensacola is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Florida vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
Discounts to earn lower Pensacola car insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 on the web.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you with select insurance companies.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Pensacola Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Some companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state.
Cheapest car insurance quotes in Pensacola
Comparing car insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste hours talking to local insurance agents in Pensacola, or you could save time and use online quotes for quick rates.
Many companies take part in a program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to every company.
To compare rates now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare prices, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Florida. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage data on every price quote you get. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to make an equal comparison in Pensacola.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.