Finding better rates for Yankton car insurance is nearly impossible for people who are new to comparison shopping online. You have so many options available that it can quickly become a challenge to locate the lowest price in Yankton.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around yearly since rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance online but we’re going to give you a lot of great tips on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. This information will tell you the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. But South Dakota car owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Comparison of Car Insurance in Yankton, SD
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend the better part of a day driving to agents in Yankton, or you could save time and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
All the larger companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and every company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company.
To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in South Dakota. View list of South Dakota insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use identical coverages for each comparison quote. If you compare different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to find the best deal in Yankton. Slightly different coverages can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required South Dakota minimum liability coverage?
- Do no-fault laws apply in South Dakota?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare online but buy from a local Yankton agent
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Yankton who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Selecting a company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Compare rates from both independent and captive insurance agents
When researching a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Yankton can either be independent or captive.
Captive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are captive agencies in Yankton that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2006 Locust St – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-5476
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 603 W 21st St – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-8343
- American Family Insurance – 409 Cedar St – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-7852
- State Farm Insurance – Jackson and 9th – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-4718
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agents in Yankton who can help you get price quote information.
- Cor Insurance – 2405 Broadway Ave – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-2360
- Kevin Guthmiller Agency – 413 W 15th St # 106 – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-4230
- Cihak Insurance – 311 Walnut St – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-9393
- Kevin Guthmiller Agency – 413 W 15th St – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-4230
- Mark Giziewski Agency – 603 W 21st St – Yankton, SD 57078 – (605) 665-8343
To view a complete directory of insurance agents in Yankton, please view this page.
Once you have received good answers for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Learn more about car insurance in South Dakota
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the South Dakota Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.