Comparison shopping for Oakdale auto insurance can be a challenge for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. You have so many options that it can turn into a challenge to find the best price in Oakdale.
How to Buy Oakdale Auto Insurance Online
Finding cheaper auto insurance prices isn’t really that difficult. You just have to take the time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for separate forms for every auto insurance company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. Just one form and you’re done.
- A different way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from USAA, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in Oakdale, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you use mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best in Oakdale.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.
Additional Minnesota car insurance resources
Much more information about auto insurance in Minnesota can be read on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website located here. Minnesota consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, get help finding coverage, read state legal mandates and laws, and read industry bulletins.
Other useful links include NAIC.org’s Understanding your Policy and this page on QuoteClickInsure.com.