Price shopping your Shelby car insurance can seem to be difficult for drivers who are new to shopping for insurance online. With so many insurance agents and insurers available, it can turn into a difficult challenge to locate the lowest coverage rates.
Discounts for lower North Carolina car insurance rates
Companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you . If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better car insurancerates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Shelby, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Shelby that can provide to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Shelby?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which family members are covered?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both handle car insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Captive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Captive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Shelby captive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 407 E Marion St – Shelby, NC 28150 – (704) 482-8270
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1503 W Dixon Blvd – Shelby, NC 28152 – (704) 482-2436
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Shelby that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Tom B Hamrick Agency – 300 Gidney St – Shelby, NC 28150 – (704) 482-6384
- Pegram Insurance – 505 S Lafayette St – Shelby, NC 28150 – (704) 484-1055
- Gaylord Bralley Insurance – 1235 Fallston Rd # 2 – Shelby, NC 28150 – (704) 484-2680
- Direct General Ins Agency – 808 S Dekalb St # B – Shelby, NC 28150 – (704) 471-2521
For more insurance agents in Shelby, link to this full listing of Shelby car insurance providers.
If you get positive responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers in North Carolina constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by Allstate, Geico and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims that you’ll save big just by moving your coverage.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies give the best rates for the right customer that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a desirable risk may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and insures a new vehicle. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria receives the best premium rates and will cut their rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who fall short of these standards must pay higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Additional consumer information websites
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. Consumers can view a list of available companies, view agent and company licensing information, and read consumer alerts.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Discover the Secrets to Saving Money on Shelby Ohio Auto Insurance
- Shelby, MT Auto Insurance Buying Tips You Arent Supposed to Know
- Best 5 Methods to Save on Shelby Series 1 Insurance in Ohio
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented many ideas to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting . You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.