Comparing and finding cheaper premium rates for Russell auto insurance is always slightly frustrating for people who are beginners to online price comparisons. With so many options of insurers available, it can turn into a chore to find the perfect company for you.
Consumers need to do price comparisons as often as possible because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Buy more affordable auto insurance with these tips
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken side mirror, hail damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densly populated areas regularly have much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Save money by having excellent credit – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
- You might pay higher prices if you are single – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The performance level of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- How old are your drivers? – Beginning drivers in Kansas tend to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
Affordable Kansas auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and Geico will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kansas, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Russell.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in Russell who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Russell are considered either independent or captive. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Russell that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Allied Insurance – 833 W Dorrance St – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-6716
- Robert L Popp Insurance – 740 N Main St # 207 – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-4229
- First Choice Agency – 120 W 3rd St – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-6370
Agents in the captive channel work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Russell captive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 702 N Maple St – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-5693
- State Farm Insurance – 410 N Main St # B – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-6624
- American Family Insurance – 540 N Main St – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-6052
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 336 N Main St – Russell, KS 67665 – (785) 483-2131
For agents in your area, see this full listing of auto insurance agents in Russell, KS.
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
For more Kansas car insurance information
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the found here. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, find a variety of consumer forms, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Tips to Finding a Great Insurance Agency in Russellville
- New Techniques for Buying Russellville, AR Car Insurance Cheaper
Persistent drivers can save
When you , it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents. Discount auto insurance is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.