Feel like you have an expensive auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not alone. Insurance companies such as Geico, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly bombard you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates last year you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some tested techniques to save money.
There are a lot of ways you can shop for auto insurance and some are more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Perry, or you can stay home and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and every company returns a competitive quote. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Georgia. Click to view list.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just try to use apples-to-apples coverage limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different liability limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Perry.
Discounts can really help save money
Some insurance providers don’t list all available discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Perry may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new car can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that have most of these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply in every state.
How your Perry rates are determined
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Your address can affect rates – Being located in a small town is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident. People who live in big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Too many insurance claims will drive auto insurance rates up – Car insurance companies in Georgia award discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, flood damage, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your age impacts your prices – Inexperience drivers have been known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents .
- Performance influences rates – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Better drivers pay less – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with multiple citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Employer stress can affect prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as real estate brokers, business owners and stock brokers are shown to have higher average rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Perry car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Perry.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Perry who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
To make it easy to select from a list of insurance agencies near you, please view this full listing of auto insurance agents in Perry.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Additional auto insurance information is located on the . Click here for link. Visitors are able to find disaster information, report car insurance fraud, get help finding coverage, and read state legal mandates and laws.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Perry
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you , the better likelihood of getting . Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. More affordable auto insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Perry insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
When getting , it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.