Are you intimidated by the wide range of auto insurance choices in Pine Bluff? Lot’s of other consumers are too. People have so many options that it can turn into a real hassle to compare prices.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Just because you found the lowest price last year you can probably find a better price now. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to save on auto insurance.
Shopping for affordable auto insurance coverage in Pine Bluff is not that difficult. In a nutshell, everyone who shops for auto insurance most likely will be able to save money. Although Arkansas drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Take discounts and save
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Pine Bluff, follow this link.
Components of your insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Arkansas provide lower rates to people who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Bump up deductibles to save – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local businesses is important particularly in Pine Bluff.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Pine Bluff who will compete for your business. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Types of insurance agents in Pine Bluff
When researching local Pine Bluff agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Pine Bluff agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent agencies in Pine Bluff that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Direct General Ins Agency – 2516 E Harding Ave # A – Pine Bluff, AR 71601 – (870) 534-8881
- Brumett Agency Inc – 721 S Pine St # 1 – Pine Bluff, AR 71601 – (870) 534-6977
- Martin Mc New Insurance – 503 W 29th Ave – Pine Bluff, AR 71603 – (870) 535-2124
- Murdock Insurance – 2215 E Harding Ave # 10 – Pine Bluff, AR 71601 – (870) 535-1850
Captive agencies work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Pine Bluff who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 1208 S Blake St – Pine Bluff, AR 71603 – (870) 535-5575
- Jefferson Cnty Farm Bureau Ins – 2309 E 6th Ave – Pine Bluff, AR 71601 – (870) 535-1616
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2703 S Main St – Pine Bluff, AR 71601 – (870) 535-5080
- Allstate Insurance – 2801 S Olive St # 13 – Pine Bluff, AR 71603 – (870) 534-6821
For a complete listing of captive insurance agencies in Pine Bluff, view this link.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Read more about Arkansas auto insurance
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the Arkansas Insurance Department website located here. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, and view a list of available companies.
In the end, you save
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.