Are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance choices in Roundup? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many choices that it can turn into a big hassle to compare prices.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best price six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance online, so I’m going to show you some of the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
How to Get Roundup Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO quote price estimates online. Getting online quotes is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, the system will order credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on many factors.
Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to several different sites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
There is a better way!
The smarter way to find better car insurance pricing uses one simple form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much easier. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted and you can choose any or none of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Do drivers who switch really save $489 a year?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your policy. How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk might be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and has great credit. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
How to Lower your Car Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- More claims means more premium – Companies in Montana provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your rating.
Save big with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Roundup, click this link.
What about my local Roundup agents?
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local businesses is definitely important in Roundup.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Roundup who will battle to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
If you wish to view a list of agents in Roundup to contact, visit this site.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How are they compensated?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Montana?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurer that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Quote more, save more
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be read on the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance website located here. Montana drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, find out which companies have the most complaints, and find out industry alerts.