Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced auto insurance? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat. Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the lowest price insurer.
Buying car insurance in Maplewood is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Minnesota vehicle owners only need to know how to compare rates online.
Buy Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Minnesota cities have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase on your policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Low Cost Maplewood Auto Insurance
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate quote pricing directly from their websites. The process is quite easy as you simply enter as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these and other factors. Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to do this in order to get the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes utilizes a single form to get prices from many companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the quotes that you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
But I want to work with a local agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
Choosing a company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been open in Maplewood?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When finding a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Maplewood agents are either independent or captive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can influence the type of agent you choose
These agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are captive agencies in Maplewood who may provide you with rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 1703 Cope Ave E # G – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 747-8221
David S Schiminsky State Farm – 2720 Maplewood Dr – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 774-8671
American Family Insurance – 2580 White Bear Ave N # 200 – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 770-6960
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Maplewood that can give you rate quotes.
American National Insurance Co – 1799 White Bear Ave N – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 773-9232
Bill Buhl Agency – 2251 Larpenteur Ave E – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 777-2255
Kevin Begin Agency Inc – 2091 County Road D E # C – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 484-2025
Jeffrey Welle Agency – 2251 Larpenteur Ave E – Maplewood, MN 55109 – (651) 777-4141
A Allstar Risk Auto Insurance – 500 Carlton St N – Maplewood, MN 55119 – (651) 578-1566
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Maplewood, visit this link.
After getting positive responses to your questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, find out industry alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Maplewood insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.