Overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance choices in Leavenworth? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to locate the lowest price.
Cut your premium with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Kansas, follow this link.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Leavenworth, KS?
All major auto insurance companies quote pricing directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
The smarter way to lower your rates uses one form to return rates from more than one company. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the pricing results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
How insurance companies determine rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- High performance equals high price – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurers provide better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do I need a local agent?
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local businesses is important particularly in Leavenworth.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Do you need an independent or captive insurance agent?
When finding a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in Leavenworth are categorized either captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you should always contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Leavenworth who can help you get price quote information.
- Klotz Agency Inc – 100 S 3rd St – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 682-7400
- Reilly and Sons Insurance – 608 Delaware St – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 682-1234
- Wilson Agency – 1 /2 Shawnee – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 682-5193
- Armed Forces Insurance – 550 Eisenhower Rd – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 727-4614
This type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in Leavenworth who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 406 S 5th St – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 651-6167
- State Farm Insurance – 516 Delaware St – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 682-6141
- Allstate Insurance – 1918 S 4th St # C – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 682-7335
- American Family Insurance – 223 Delaware St – Leavenworth, KS 66048 – (913) 682-5212
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Leavenworth, please click here.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kansas?
Upon getting reasonable responses and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheaper auto insurance is available both online in addition to many Leavenworth insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be found on the Kansas Insurance Department website located here. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, learn about insurance regulations, and discover disciplinary actions.
Also read more on NAIC.org’s Understanding your Policy and this page on QuoteClickInsure.com.