When trying to find lower-cost insurance, are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance companies that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. You have so many companies available that it can easily turn into a ton of work to compare car insurance rates. Everyone knows London is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it very difficult to afford coverage.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes yearly because car insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best rate a couple years back a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding the best rates in London is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But Kentucky drivers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down may allow you to get lower car insurancerates due to less chance of an accident.
- Telematics Discount – London drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for professional/association, annual mileage, ease of repair, good driver, multi-car, good student, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, bundle discounts, pay in full, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Allstate has savings for auto/life discount, premier discount, good student, farm vehicle, FullPay discount, and 55 and retired.
- Geico may include discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, driver training, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in London. To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in London, click here to view.
Local London insurance agencies and car insurance
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in London who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
When looking for a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies may be either independent or captive.
Captive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below are captive insurance agents in London that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 595 Highway 192 W – London, KY 40741 – (606) 877-4663
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance – 819 N Main St – London, KY 40741 – (606) 864-2107
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in London willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Dell Sams Insurance – 1674 S Laurel Rd – London, KY 40744 – (606) 877-3355
- Phil Mc Donald Insurance – 809 W 5th St – London, KY 40741 – (606) 877-3390
For more insurance agents in London, view this page of London insurance agents.
After receiving good responses for all questions you ask as well as quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Respected companies like State Farm, Geico and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. They all make the point about how much you will save if you move your coverage to them. How do they all charge you less for auto insurance? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, a profitable insured could be between 30 and 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anybody who fits those characteristics will get low auto insurance rates as well as cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements will get more expensive rates which results in the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully make claims like that. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Additional Kentucky consumer information
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Kentucky drivers can file complaints about a company, read state legal mandates and laws, learn about insurance regulations, and learn about specific coverages.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- Tightwads Instructions on Saving on Londonderry New Hampshire Car Insurance
- Follow These Ultimate Tips for Saving Money on New London Car Insurance
- Lowest Rates from Londonderry Auto Insurance Providers
Quote often and quote early
Discount car insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many London insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of ways to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding . You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.