Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance options in Londonderry? You’re not the only one! Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become a big hassle to find the lowest price.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Small claims can cost you – Companies in New Hampshire generally give better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Londonderry Car Insurance Comparisons
The are a couple different ways to get quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to compare insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company. One quote request gets you price quotes from many national carriers. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time consuming way to shop for car insurance online is to take the time to go to each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Allstate, 21st Century and Farmers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Londonderry, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to local Londonderry insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you enter mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Londonderry. Just a small difference in coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting car insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in New Hampshire, follow this link.
Do I need a local agent?
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for local Londonderry agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Londonderry are either captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Captive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Londonderry captive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 1 Commons Dr # 3 – Londonderry, NH 03053 – (603) 434-0400
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 25 Orchard View Dr # 12 – Londonderry, NH 03053 – (603) 432-8967
- Allstate Insurance – 3 Orchard View Dr # 2 – Londonderry, NH 03053 – (603) 437-6800
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Londonderry independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Financial Insurance Svc – 194 Rockingham Rd – Londonderry, NH 03053 – (603) 432-6414
- Headd Agency – 50 Nashua Rd # 208 – Londonderry, NH 03053 – (603) 432-4337
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 25 Orchard View Dr # 12 – Londonderry, NH 03053 – (603) 432-8967
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Londonderry, please go to this site.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy.
More detailed New Hampshire car insurance information can be found at the New Hampshire Insurance Department website. New Hampshire consumers can view a list of available companies, get help finding coverage, and learn about insurance regulations.
Shop smart and save
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Low-cost car insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Londonderry agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.