Overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance options in Tacoma? You’re not the only one! Consumers have so many options available that it can easily become a challenge to compare prices.
Consumers need to check car insurance prices once or twice a year because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Finding cheaper coverage in Tacoma is not that difficult. Washington consumers just need to know the tricks to shop for car insurance online.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Washington?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rates from local Tacoma agents?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Tacoma who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy!
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
What types of car insurance agents are in Tacoma?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures to choose from. Agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s important to know the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from captive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are captive insurance agencies in Tacoma who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 6706 24th St W # B – Tacoma, WA 98466 – (253) 564-8891
- Allstate Insurance – 5213 Pacific Ave # 4 – Tacoma, WA 98408 – (253) 471-8884
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3819 100th St SW # 7d – Tacoma, WA 98499 – (253) 512-2345
These agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tacoma that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Matt Hall Agency – – Tacoma, WA 98424 – (253) 896-4255
- A D KITT Insurance – 4040 S Tyler St # 15 – Tacoma, WA 98409 – (253) 471-8801
- Homeport Insurance – 500 E Alexander Ave – Tacoma, WA 98421 – (253) 572-1880
- J K Agency – 9205 S Tacoma Way # 107 – Tacoma, WA 98499 – (253) 582-2552
- Karen Dunn Agency – 8404 83rd Ave SW # D – Tacoma, WA 98498 – (253) 984-6217
To view a complete directory of insurance agents in Tacoma, please view this page.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
Even more information is available at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Consumers can get help finding coverage, report car insurance fraud, file complaints about a company, and view agent and company licensing information.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.