Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Albany just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy. Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
Where Can I Get Cheap Albany Auto Insurance?
All major auto insurance companies quote insurance quotes on their websites. This process is fairly simple as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information determined by many factors. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this if you want to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
There is a better way to compare rates
A less time-consuming method to find lower prices is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
In order to compare pricing, click here to open in new window and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
For more Oregon auto insurance information
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the Oregon Insurance Division. Click here for link. Consumers can download brochures, report car insurance fraud, find out industry alerts, and read industry bulletins.
These articles may also be worth reading.