Perplexed by the sheer number of car insurance choices available to you? You’re not alone. Vehicle owners have such a large number of options that it can really be a real difficult job to find the lowest price. Roanoke Rapids is the perfect city to reside in, but pricey car insurance makes it impossible to be able to afford adequate car insurance coverage limits.
There are a variety of methods to shop for car insurance, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste hours talking to agents in Roanoke Rapids, or you can stay home and use online quoting for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to each company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which carriers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in North Carolina. Click here to view list.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-111.jpg" alt="Roanoke Rapids NC car insurance prices“/>
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare equivalent coverages and limits for every company. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be nearly impossible to decipher which rate is best in Roanoke Rapids.
Double check you’re getting with these discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Roanoke Rapids may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will lower your car insurance premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, mature driver, good student, bundle discounts, distant student, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, passive restraint, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, military active duty, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, newly married, new graduate, new move discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Roanoke Rapids, click here.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina is located on the located here. North Carolina consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read state legal mandates and laws, and read consumer alerts.