Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance options in Arlington? Lot’s of other consumers are too. People have so many options available that it can be a lot of work to find better rates.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings and cheap car insurance in Arlington, TX.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents. Drivers in populated Texas areas have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy on your policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance in Arlington, TX
Finding lower Arlington car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just need to invest a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will get you price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to find lower rates is going to each company’s website to request a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Farmers and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Arlington, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare different liability limits it will be next to impossible to find the best deal in Arlington.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Additional detailed information is located at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas consumers can download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, read state legal mandates and laws, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Arlington
- Top Tips to Find a Car Insurance Agent in Upper Arlington
- Save Money on Upper Arlington Car Insurance Rates in Five Minutes
The cheapest car insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Arlington, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.