Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced auto insurance? Trust us, there are many Gary consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in Gary, Indiana
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t know the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Gary, or you could use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and each participating company can give them a price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to every company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose the insurers you want to price. So if you want to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in Indiana. View list of Indiana insurance companies.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-20.jpg" alt="Gary Indiana car insurance prices”/>
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages you can’t possibly find the best deal in Gary. Slightly different coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Gary, click this link.
How your Gary rates are determined
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Your location is important – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- More performance means more cost – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Discount auto insurance can be bought on the web and with local Gary insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional auto insurance links
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, read state legal mandates and laws, download brochures, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.