Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Owasso consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the definite lowest rate possible.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best rates a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in Owasso
Lowering your auto insurance rates is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. One simple form compares rates from multiple companies.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices consists of going to the website of each company and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from GEICO, Safeco and Progressive. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Owasso, click here.
- The least efficient way to compare rates is to spend your day driving to and from local Owasso insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare exactly the same information for each price quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Owasso.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What happened to insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you peace of mind. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Owasso who will battle for your business. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. How’s that for easy!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-56.jpg" alt="Owasso Oklahoma insurance quotes” />
Picking a company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Car insurance agents in Owasso come in two varieties
When researching an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Owasso are categorized either independent or captive. While both can write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Owasso captive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 427 E 2nd Ave – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 376-1933
Shelter Insurance – 8414 N 123rd East Ave # C – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 274-8331
State Farm Insurance – 11620 E 86th St N – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 272-6221
Allstate Insurance – 9220 N Garnett Rd # B – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 272-3636
Farmers Insurance Group – 10705 E 97th Pl N – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 272-6105
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Owasso willing to provide price quotes.
Guide One Insurance – 12722 E 86th N – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 376-2300
Cloyd O’Dell Agency – 8506 N 128th East Ave – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 272-4700
Family Insurance – 8555 N 117th East Ave – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 376-9955
American National Kirby Agency – 8818 N 127th East Ave – Owasso, OK 74055 – (918) 376-9890
For a complete listing of insurance agents in Owasso, visit this site.
Once you have reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional resources for Oklahoma consumers
Additional detailed information can be found at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Consumers can find disaster information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find out which companies have the most complaints.