Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance choices in Pasadena? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become a ton of work to find the lowest price.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best price six months ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to find cheap auto insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Pricing cheaper coverage in Pasadena is quite easy. Although Texas vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
You have some control over your rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Please use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Pasadena, click here to view.
But don’t I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Pasadena.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Pasadena who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Two types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Pasadena can either be captive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, you should always get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Pasadena willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Johnnie H Eddins Agency – 515 Main St – Pasadena, TX 77506 – (713) 477-3608
- America Standard Agency-Tx – 1703 Shaver St – Pasadena, TX 77502 – (713) 777-2886
- D and S Insurance – 3427 Federal Rd – Pasadena, TX 77504 – (713) 944-1100
- David Walker Agency – 1710 E Martha Ln – Pasadena, TX 77502 – (713) 661-8498
- Brady Motorcycle Insurance – 2901 Spencer Hwy – Pasadena, TX 77504 – (713) 941-5920
Captive agents can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of captive agents in Pasadena willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 6711 Spencer Hwy – Pasadena, TX 77505 – (281) 991-8600
- Farmers Insurance Group – 4102 Yellowstone Dr – Pasadena, TX 77504 – (281) 487-0554
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agents in Pasadena, view this link.
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
More Texas auto insurance resources
Additional information can be found on the Texas Department of Insurance website through this link. Texas consumers can find out industry alerts, read consumer alerts, and find disaster information.
Smart consumers save more
Discount auto insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Pasadena insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.