Are you confused by the dozens of auto insurance choices in Bowie? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many options available that it can turn into a real challenge to locate the lowest price.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to find great coverage at a great price.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in Bowie
There are several ways to compare quotes from local in Bowieauto insurance companies. The quickest method to find competitive insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for separate forms for every auto insurance company. One form submission will return quotes . It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, State Farm and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Bowie, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes to local Bowie insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage information on every quote. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Bowie. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
How to know if you need help
When choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Is Maryland a no-fault state?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Do I need a local agent?
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Bowie.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Bowie who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How cool is that?! You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Best insurance agency in Bowie
When searching for a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are classified as either independent or captive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Bowie that are able to give price quote information.
- V W Brown Insurance Svc Inc – 10380 Old Columbia Rd – Bowie, MD 20715 – (301) 621-4256
- Ernest Burley Jr Insurance Inc – 13621 Annapolis Rd – Bowie, MD 20720 – (301) 262-2600
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below are captive insurance agents in Bowie who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 4801 Telsa Dr # C – Bowie, MD 20715 – (301) 345-7100
- Allstate Insurance – 15480 Annapolis Rd # 216 – Bowie, MD 20715 – (301) 805-1800
For a complete listing of captive agencies in Bowie, visit this site.
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How are they compensated?
Upon receiving positive feedback to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional resources for Maryland consumers
More information can be read on the Maryland Insurance Administration website located here. Consumers can find out industry alerts, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.