Being forced to pay for overpriced car insurance premiums can bottom out your budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates in Fort Lupton is not that difficult. Colorado consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare rates online.
The quickest way to compare policy rates utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including driver details, whether you are married, types of safety features, and deductibles desired. That rating information is instantly sent to multiple car insurance providers and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Car insurance policy discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get .
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, multi-car, professional/association, multi-policy, accident-free, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, distant student, mature driver, teen driver, homeowner, good student, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include teen driver, good student, group or association, safe driver, multi-policy, paid in full, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, drive less, safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- USAA offers discounts for loyalty savings, military installation, annual mileage, good student, and safe driver.
If you are trying to find , ask every company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in your area. To view providers that offer many of these discounts in Fort Lupton, click here to view.
Choices you make can reduce your premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Liability insurance is important – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Credit history impacts premiums – Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Your vocation can affect premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers generally pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Don’t let your car insurance lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most larger car insurance companies afford lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare other insurance prices to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Gender and car insurance – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Females and males get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
More information can be found on the found here. Colorado drivers can view a list of available companies, read consumer alerts, read state legal mandates and laws, and find out industry alerts.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just learned a lot of techniques to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.