Searching for the most affordable Park City auto insurance on the internet may at first seem to be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners not familiar with comparing rates and buying auto insurance over the internet. With so many online companies available, how are vehicle owners able to efficiently compare every possible option in order to find lower auto insurance premiums?
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including what you do for a living, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, coverage limits, and if you are currently licensed. Your insurance information is then sent to many of the top insurers and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Popular auto insurance providers such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing that people will save just by switching your auto insurance policy to them. How does every auto insurance company give you a better price? It’s all in how they say it.
Many companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. For example, a preferred risk could be a female over age 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anyone that hits that “sweet spot” will most likely get cheap premium rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher prices which translates to business not being written. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can make claims like that. Because every company is different, you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Why informed drivers get cheaper prices in Park City
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Even a single citation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations like reckless driving or DUI may need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
- Deter car thieves – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Utah provide most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Park City can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, distant student, youthful driver, mature driver, and switch companies.
- Esurance has discounts for Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, renters, multi-car, and online quote.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, multi-policy, daytime running lights, seat belt use, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- Allstate may offer discounts for good payer, defensive driver, farm vehicle, economy car, passive restraint, safe driver, and early signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Park City. If you would like to view companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Park City, click here.
Are car insurance agents used anymore?
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Park City who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
If you need help to get contact information for insurance agents in your area, you can visit this list of auto insurance agents in Park City.
Don’t give up on lower rates
We just presented many tips how you can save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Even more information can be found at the Utah Insurance Department website. Utah consumers can learn about specific coverages, get help finding coverage, and read consumer alerts.