Cutting costs on Valley Center car insurance is always hard for drivers who are new to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become hard work to find cheaper car insurance rates.
Get lower rates with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, driver training, youthful driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, seat belt use, military active duty, five-year accident-free, good student, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered everywhere. To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Kansas, follow this link.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from many different Kansas insurance companies. The best way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This quick form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for every prospective company. Just one form gets you coverage quotes from multiple companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates is to take the time to go to each company’s website and get a separate price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to see prices from GEICO, 21st Century and American Family. You would be required to spend time going to each site individually to enter your coverage information, which can take a lot of time.
For a list of companies in Valley Center, click here.
- The most difficult way to shop rates is to spend your day driving to local Valley Center insurance agencies. Quoting and buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to price shop online and still use a local agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but do your best to use equivalent coverages on every quote you get. If you enter different values for each quote it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate in Valley Center. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find the best rates.
Components of your auto insurance costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Low credit rating equals high premiums – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Your stress level may be raising your car insurance rates – Occupations such as fire fighters, executives and stock brokers usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and homemakers get better rates.
- How much liability protection do you need? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Living in areas with lower population can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
What if I want to buy from local Valley Center auto insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Valley Center who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Shown below are Valley Center insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 306 S Meridian St, Valley Center, KS 67147 – (316) 755-1238
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 111 S Abilene Ave, Valley Center, KS 67147 – (316) 755-2717
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 111 S Abilene Ave, Valley Center, KS 67147 – (316) 755-2717
- American Family Insurance – 7340 N Meridian St # C, Valley Center, KS 67147 – (316) 755-1122
To view a complete directory of professional licensed agents, link to this complete selection of Valley Center insurance agents.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you switch your car insurance coverage to their company. How is it plausible that every one can save you money? This is how they do it.
Car insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anyone who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest prices in Valley Center and will save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will see a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This really illustrates why drivers must do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the best auto insurance rates for your profile.
Better coverage you can count on
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper car insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
For more reading
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to find a variety of consumer forms, find out industry alerts, and learn about insurance regulations.