Locating lower-cost Walterboro auto insurance online can seem to be intimidating for people new to shopping for insurance online. With so many companies in the marketplace, how are we expected to efficiently compare the different rates to find better prices?
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest price a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Use discounts to get cheaper South Carolina auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Walterboro Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Accidents – Walterboro drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a drivers education course in high school.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, good student, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, bundle discounts, early shopping, youthful driver, pay in full, switch companies, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for teenSMART discount, economy car, 55 and retired, eSmart discount, and resident student.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, air bags, and driver training.
When getting , it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be available in Walterboro. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Walterboro, click this link.
Auto insurance advertisements
South Carolina drivers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper auto insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you get a free and switch to their company.
How can each company say the same thing? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has had continuous coverage, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest premium rates and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who do not meet this ideal profile may be required to pay higher premium rates and this results in the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That’s why insurance companies can make it sound like they have such great prices.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you really should do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the website for the South Carolina Department of Insurance located here. South Carolina drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view agent and company licensing information, learn about specific coverages, and report car insurance fraud.
Keep this in mind
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your auto insurance prices. The most important thing to understand is the more you , the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
When getting , it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.