I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to buying auto insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Lots of insurers contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to find the absolute lowest rate
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Boca Raton, follow this link.
Lower your Boca Raton Auto Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do no-fault laws apply in Florida?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from a local Boca Raton agent?
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will battle for your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy!
Picking a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How are they compensated?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
Best insurance agency in Boca Raton
When looking for local Boca Raton agents, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Boca Raton can either be independent (non-captive) or captive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Boca Raton captive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 7501 N Federal Hwy # D4 – Boca Raton, FL 33487 – (561) 241-5550
State Farm Insurance – 2499 Glades Rd # 311 – Boca Raton, FL 33431 – (561) 392-2513
These agents do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent agencies in Boca Raton that are able to give comparison quotes.
Thomas Griffith Agency – 479 NE 20th St – Boca Raton, FL 33431 – (561) 392-2444
Hecht Insurance – 3200 N Federal Hwy – Boca Raton, FL 33431 – (561) 391-9922
Ken Brahms Agency – 8177 Glades Rd # 106 – Boca Raton, FL 33434 – (561) 488-4404
JAL Insurance Svc Inc – 22047 Altona Dr – Boca Raton, FL 33428 – (954) 575-8742
Eisenstark Agency Inc – 8221 Glades Rd # 204 – Boca Raton, FL 33434 – (561) 488-2643
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in Boca Raton, please go to this site.
Once you have positive feedback and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
Can you really save $449 a year?
Consumers in Florida can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all make an identical promise about savings if you move your coverage to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and most likely will save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will be charged higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. That is why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Even more information is available at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about a company.
Affordable insurance is out there
Cost effective auto insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Boca Raton, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.