Nobody I know is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when they could lower their rates if they shopped around. Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the best price available.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for every company. In just a few minutes this one form gets insurance cost estimates instantly.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes requires you to visit each company’s website and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to get rates from Progressive, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. In order to compare rates, you need to go to every website and repeatedly enter your information, which can be really labor intensive.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Cheney, click here.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, do your best to use nearly identical coverages on every quote you get. If you use different coverage information it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Cheney.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study their driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Cheney Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will lower the premium cost.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, federal employee, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, follow this link.
More detailed Washington auto insurance information is available at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, find disaster information, view a list of available companies, and find out industry alerts.