There isn’t anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, in particular when the prices are way too high. Because there are so many different company options, it can be impossible to pick the best insurer.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from local Leitchfield auto insurance companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This quick form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each price estimate. One form submission gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes is to take the time to go to each company website and go through the quote process again. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare Nationwide, Progressive and Farmers. You would be required to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which is why first method is reommended. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Leitchfield, click here.
- The hardest way to get rate quotes is to spend your day driving to different Leitchfield agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless you require the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just be sure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If each company quotes differing limits then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Leitchfield. Even a minor difference in coverage limits could throw off the whole comparison. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Leitchfield Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to monitor driving manner remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall bill.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, student driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good driver, emergency road assistance, renters, anti-theft, and online shopper.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the located here. Kentucky drivers can learn about insurance regulations, view a list of available companies, read industry bulletins, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.