Drivers who just recently started buying insurance online could find sourcing is not as easy as it seems.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. Arkansas drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to shop online.
Save money with these discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Lowell is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, good student, business and professional, teen driver, and switch companies.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, accident-free, easy pay, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Lowell, click this link.
Four things that affect insurance rates
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Premiums drop with age – Youthful drivers in Arkansas are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers rates – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Auto insurance can be complex
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Additional detailed information is located at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, report car insurance fraud, and view agent and company licensing information.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Is Your Lowell Car Insurance Costing Too Much?
- Is Your Lowell Massachusetts Auto Insurance Leaving a Hole in Your Pocket?
- Tips to Finding the Best Car Insurance Agent in Lowell, MA
Be persistent and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap auto insurance can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.